- Beautiful and original work by over 30 skilled artists and makers
- Great day out and a chance to buy direct from local businesses
- From paintings and original prints to clocks, hats and pottery
The Winter Art & Craft Fair is a brand new event that offers the chance to buy high quality art and craft from around 30 of Upland’s finest artists and makers.
Organised by Upland CIC, the regional arts development organisation that runs Spring Fling, it will take place on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 November at Easterbrook Hall, Dumfries.
Among the attractions will be:
- Pottery and ceramics from Fitch & McAndrew, Clare Dawdry, Heather Armstrong, Julian Francis and Andrew Adair
- Paintings, drawings, original prints and other visual art by Hazel Campbell, Pamela Grace, Bella Green, Suzanne Stuart Davies, Sarah Stewart, Davy Brown, Hugh Bryden, Val Macadam, Gail Kelly, Denise Zygadlo, Helen Walsh, Lucy Hadley, Jilly Henderson, Sue Thomas.
- Jewellery by Natalie Vardey, Lisa Rothwell Young, Jesse Ball.
- Hats, clothes, cushions and other textiles by Morag Macpherson, Jo Gallant, Laura Derby, Janet Ibbotson, Kay Ribbens.
- Wooden mobiles, furniture and clocks by Jay Rubinstein, Daniel Lacey and Peter Machell.
- Glassware by Amanda Simmons.
Joanna Jones, Upland Assistant Director, said: “Christmas shopping should be fun, and we all want to find something that’s a bit unusual and special. So this year we are organising The Winter Art & Craft Fair as the perfect place to find contemporary visual art and craft by around 30 Upland members from all across the region and beyond.
“For shoppers it’s a way to support local independent creative businesses and to get handmade and designer goods direct from source.
“And for us it’s a great opportunity to provide another showcase for the wealth of creative talent and diverse practice of Upland members.”
The event is being staged by Upland in partnership with Dumfries and Galloway Council as part of its drive to promote local shopping initiatives and boost the regional economy.
It’s also part of the work by both organisations to help generate post-pandemic opportunities for the creative sector.
Councillor Andy Ferguson, Chair of the Council’s Communities Committee said: “I really welcome news of this Winter Art and Craft Fair. It will showcase the work of many of our region’s finest artists and craft makers and be a great day out in Dumfries.
“The council is committed to assisting with the social and economic recovery of our area after the COVID-19 pandemic, and the fair will be a reminder of what we do well in Dumfries and Galloway and an opportunity to support local businesses.”
Measures will be in place to ensure the event is COVID-secure.
What: The Winter Art and Craft Fair
Where: Main Hall, Easterbrook Hall, The Crichton, Bankend Road, Dumfries, DG1 4TA
When: Saturday 20 November 1pm to 6pm and Sunday 21 November 10am to 5pm.
- See the Upland website at weareupland.com.