Website Better Lives Partnership
The Board of Trustees of Better Lives Partnership is recruiting:
Employability Team Officer (Temporary)
(For new locality model in Stranraer)
(Fixed Term Initial Contract for 1 year subject to funding)
Starting salary: £13.50 per hour for 30 hours/week (FTE: £24,570 pa)
Better Lives Partnership is looking to employ an Employability Team Officer to:
1. To develop an operational and service delivery model for The Bridge to Employment Projects in Stranraer.
2. To take responsibility for the day-to-day running of The Bridge to Employment Project in Stranraer and to give regular reports on progress to the Project Co-ordinator.
4. To work with schools, Dumfries & Galloway Council’s Employability Service and other Council departments; as well as other post-school education and training providers to identify and recruit young people on to ‘The Bridge to Employment’ project in Stranraer.
5. To jointly identify employment aims with clients and work together to remove any barriers to progression by accessing appropriate services and funding.
6. To work within the context of each person’s individual circumstance; specifically taking into account the needs of individuals, vulnerable dependents and families and accessing specialist support as required.
7. To support people to develop their own development plan using appropriate assessment and progression tools.
8. To offer on-going one to one guidance and support to ensure progression is sustained and ensuring transitional arrangements are appropriate to each individual.
9. To work in partnership to provide further support, advice and assistance to respond positively to the needs of individual clients.
10. To provide curricular support, personal support and supervision for children and young people.
The Board is looking for a dynamic and innovative person to develop and deliver their flagship project in Stranraer. The person will need to be able to plan their own work patterns, be flexible and able to deliver to tight deadlines. The post will be based in the Stranraer in the Wigtownshire area of Dumfries and Galloway. Access to a car is essential since the position will cover wide areas of rural Dumfries and Galloway.
This is a great opportunity for a person with experience of the Third Sector, education, employability or working with young people to be at the fore front of exciting developments in Dumfries and Galloway.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 26th July at 5pm
For an application form, job description and further details please email
For an informal conversation about the post, telephone Carolyn Kennedy (Project Co-ordinator) on
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.