Website Dumfries and Galloway Citizens Advice Service
Could you be our next Communications and Volunteering Manager? Would you like to be part of our dedicated team who are driving our vision to be the leading socially responsible organisation providing holistic, high quality and accessible advice and representation for all citizens of Dumfries and Galloway? In joining us you will be part of the team that make a real and empowering difference to people’s lives through an independent, responsive, trusted, innovative and flexible approach.
Our aims, which we share with Citizens Advice Scotland, are to ensure that individuals do not suffer through a lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities or of the services available to them, or though an inability to express their needs effectively. We aim equally to exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and services, both locally and nationally:
We also aim to:
- Make a positive difference to people’s lives;
- Engage with, train, develop, support and value our people;
- Provide accurate, appropriate, confidential, quality advice in a sensitive way to enable citizens of Dumfries and Galloway to make informed choices;
- Introduce and use quality assurance mechanisms to measure the difference we make and how we make it;
- Work with others to build our reputation for quality, professionalisum, trust and independence.
Our Communications and Volunteering Manger holds a pivitol position within the organsation. The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of corporate communications and developing the volunteer workforce. This will include managing and delivering the Communications Strategy and the recruitment, training and support of volunteers across the region.
SCQF level 10 Salary £27,568 pro rata
28 hours per week based in our Dumfries office
Duration: Funded until 31 December 2021
For an application pack, please see www.dagcas.org
Closing date for all applications: 25 August 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 2 September 2019
Successful candidates will be subject to vetting through Disclosure Scotland.
To apply for this job please visit www.dagcas.org.