Website Loreburn Housing Association
Salary: £25,550 with a potential to earn up to £31,938
A performance Pay system is in operation, where individuals progress towards 100% of the pay range subject to them achieving all set targets, competence standards and being fully developed in the role.
35 hours per week, 5 days per week
Location: Central region (covering DG2, DG3, DG4, DG5, DG6, DG7)
Working at Loreburn is more than just a job! You’ll get to …
- Contribute to creating GREAT Places to live.
- Create a dynamic and ever-changing work environment.
- Enjoy an informal, non-bureaucratic fun and productive workplace.
- Change people’s lives for the better
- Enjoy a wide range of benefits including personal healthcare, flexible working, a relaxed working environment, 35 days holidays and many more.
- Join a progressive, fast paced and modern Housing Association who is a Best Company, Living Wage Employer and who holds triple Investor in People Awards
Loreburn H A is a registered charity established in 1982 operating across the Dumfries and Galloway region of Scotland. We own and manage over 2,500 properties across Dumfries & Galloway, offering a wide variety of accommodation and services to suit a range of needs. Loreburn HA’s vision is to Create Great Places to Live and our ambition is to be recognised amongst the Best Housing Associations’ in Scotland.
At Loreburn we like to think big but recognise it’s the little things that make us special. We are looking for people that will fit our GREAT Values and Culture as a community-based housing association. It is more important to us that you share our values and are dedicated to delivering excellent customer service than necessarily having a housing qualification or indeed experience. We will provide training as required to those who we feel are the right fit for our organisation. Fundamentally we are looking for staff who care about making a difference to people’s lives and who can demonstrate excellent levels of customer service. You must be resilient and able to work in a fast-paced environment whilst delivering on a range of tasks taking a collaborative approach throughout the organisation.
Our Housing Services Directorate recently implemented a new structure and the changes that we introduced allows us to reach even further into the heart of our communities, delivering services that are important to our customers, and at times and in ways that suit them.
This post would be based from home however you will be expected to travel on site to the relevant communities to provide a visible service to our customers. Loreburn will provide your equipment and you will not feel alone between taking calls, emails and enquiries via digital channels and working with your team, colleagues as well as others, you’ll be in touch with lots of people. Our company catch up days will ensure you always feel part of Loreburn and your team are only ever a Microsoft Teams call away!
Full details of the role can be accessed in the role profile but what is essential to all roles is that you:-
- Care about making a difference to people’s lives
- Are able to work from home
- Demonstrate excellent customer service experience
- Can demonstrate high levels of resilience with the ability to plan and organise yourself to deliver your outcomes within a fast paced environment
- Are comfortable with the degree of lone working the job entails managing your time and work tasks – you’ll be trusted to get on with things, and will need to work efficiently
- Work well as part of a team but are confident to make decisions and use your own initiative when needed, taking a pro-active approach, working independently and without close supervision.
- Can deliver excellent performance results and outcomes
- Are IT literate and confident across most MS packages
- Are pro-active and can take ownership of issues, using your initiative to find solutions
To Apply please visit our website
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 12th May 2021
Interviews: 20th May 2021
To apply for this job please visit loreburn.org.uk.