There’s no need to put your bike away just because autumn has arrived. Join in the Cycling Dumfries Curiosity Rides this season.
Each month there is a 20 to 25 mile ride along quiet routes taking in our region’s lovely scenery. Rides are sociable and taken at an easy pace, to make the most of the scenic delights, exploring along the way and chatting with good company.
Most rides take place on the last Sunday of the month, starting at 11am meeting next to Nithsdale Rowing Club. But there are a couple of exceptions. The ride schedule so far;
- September 26th 11am, Dalswinton Discoverer (17 miles)
- October 31st 3:30pm, A Halloween Special around the Speddoch Loop, this will be a daytime to nighttime ride so lights are essential (24 miles)
- November 28th 11am, New Abbey (24 miles)
- Saturday January 1st 11am, Our traditional New Year’s Day ride around the Caerlaverock Circuit (20 miles)
- January 30th 11am, Auldgirth (21 miles)
Because of COVID, our rides have changed a little. In order to manage numbers safely and keep within Scottish Government guidelines, we will limit rides to 15 and participants must book in advance (the rides are still free though). We will no longer have a cafe stop mid ride, so suggest people bring something to sustain them and we’ll take a break somewhere suitable for people to refuel.
This will be outdoors – so dress not just for the cycling but also make sure you will be warm enough when we stop, or perhaps bring a couple of warmer layers to put on.
For more information and booking links visit https://cyclingdumfries.wordpress.com/autumn-winter-rides/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.