Now in its ninth year, the annual Glasgow University Science Festival FREE Family Day is on this Saturday (11 May) from 11.00am to 4.00pm at Easterbrook Hall in Dumfries.
Spring Into Science is a family friendly event packed with scientific surprises for kids of all ages and the grown-ups can get involved too.
The Festival has grown bigger and better every year and you will be amazed at how much fun you can have while you explore the wonderful world of science and enjoy the following events:
- Whose Poo – Do you know your rabbit poo from your deer? Take the challenge, learn about our local wildlife and scoop a prize.
- Powering the Future – Glasgow Science Centre comes to town with this hands-on exhibition exploring the question – Is our energy affordable, secure and environmentally sustainable?
- Lego Robots – have fun playing and programming with Computer Xplorers.
- Launchpad – Design, build and launch cardboard rockets with the Institute of Physics.
- Explore jet propulsion by making simple balloon rockets and launching them with the RAISE team.
- D&G Bat Group – Get up close and personal with samples of bat species.
- Our Dynamic Earth – Do you know what lives in the deep waters around Scotland? Play with some underwater robots and get hands-on with watery experiments.
- MadLab – a unique, hands-on soldering electronics workshop for children and adults.
- The Lightlab Project presents the UV Drawing Room – enter and explore the wonderful world of UV light.
- Crawl inside the inflatable planetarium to explore the suns, stars and planets with the Galloway Forest Astronomy Society.
- Spring Makers Corner – Celebrate the wonderful wildlife on our doorstep with the Glasgow Science Festival.
- Kinetic Sand and Slimelab – Do you find kinetic sand hours of fun but a bit pricey? Come make your own slime and then turn it into kinetic sand and save the £s.
- Seedswap – got any seeds you don’t want? Bring them along, donate to the seed
There’s also Science Cake eating science shows, a pop-up potting shed, face painting, Construction Corner, spot the birdie and we will announce the winners of the superb Science Baking Competition.
Entry is completely FREE but we welcome donations to the fabulous local charity MOOL.