Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South-West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential resurfacing on the A75 between Merkland and Deanside, 615 metres east of the Shawhead Junction at Henderland and 140 metres west of the eastbound layby prior to the Drummore Roundabout.
This work will take place from Monday 29th May until Sunday 4th June 2023, between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night. There will also be daytime Temporary Traffic Lights in place to allow for the cooling of deeper sections of treatment. Traffic management will be removed by 6am on Monday 5th June.
This scheme will benefit around 15,000 vehicles using this route each day, by improving the condition of the carriageway and reducing the need for more extensive maintenance in the future.
The work will be carried out using overnight road closures and a signed diversion will be in place. We thank road users for their patience and co-operation while this essential work takes place.
The signed diversion will operate as follows:
- Southbound traffic will exit the A75 at Garroch Roundabout and will travel eastbound to Cargenbridge. At Cargenbridge, traffic will turn right at the roundabout to join the A711 southbound to Dalbeattie. At Dalbeattie, traffic will turn right to join the B794 Northbound and continue on to the A75.
- Northbound A75 traffic will join the B794 and continue to Dalbeattie. At Dalbeattie, traffic will turn left to join the A711 northbound to Cargenbridge, before turning left at the roundabout to re-join the A75 at Garroch Roundabout.
Please note, there will be a Traffic Restriction Order in place to prevent traffic joining School Brae Road (Old Military Road) from the B794.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained throughout these works.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting https://www.traffic.gov.scot/ or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland