Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South-West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential resurfacing on the A75 between Henderland and Bettyknowes Farm from Monday 21st August until Wednesday 30th August 2023, between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night.
This scheme will benefit around 10,000 vehicles using this route each day, by improving the condition of the carriageway and reducing the need for more extensive maintenance in the future.
The work will be carried out using overnight road closures and a signed diversion will be in place. There will also be daytime temporary traffic lights in place during this work, with all traffic management to be removed by 6am on Wednesday 30th August. We thank road users for their patience and co-operation while this essential work takes place.
The signed diversion will be in place from Monday 21st until Wednesday 30th August, between the hours of 8pm and 6am, and will operate as follows:
- Southbound A75 traffic will leave the A75 at Garroch Roundabout and travel east to Cargenbridge. At Cargenbridge, traffic will turn right at the roundabout to join the A711 southbound to Dalbeattie. At Dalbeattie, traffic will turn right to join the B794 Northbound and continue onto the A75.
- Northbound A75 traffic will join the B794 and continue to Dalbeattie. At Dalbeattie, traffic will turn left to join the A711 northbound to Cargenbridge, before turning left at the roundabout to re-join the A75 at Garroch Roundabout.
Please note, there will be a Traffic Restriction Order in place to stop traffic joining School Brae Road (Old Military Road) from the B794.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained throughout these works.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting https://www.traffic.gov.scot/ or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland