Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South-West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking improvement works on the A75 between Mouswald and Breconrae. This scheme will take place from Friday 12th August to Saturday 20th August 2022, in two phases.
This scheme with a value of £412,000 will benefit around 10,300 vehicles using this route each day by improving the condition of the carriageway and reducing the need for further extensive maintenance in future.
- Phase One requires a full weekend closure of the A75 at this location from 7pm on Friday 12th August until 6am Monday 15th August 2022.
- Phase Two requires full overnight closures between 7pm and 6am, each night from Monday 15th August until Friday 19th August 2022.
Works anticipated to be complete by 6am Saturday 20th August 2022.
During the full closures, a signed diversion will be in operation. Outwith the overnight closures, the road will be open as normal.
Eastbound traffic will exit the A75 at Lockerbie Road Roundabout (Brownrigg) and travel via the A709 to Lockerbie, and then south on the B723 to Annan before returning north on the B721 to re-join the eastbound A75.
Westbound traffic will follow the same diversion in the opposite direction.
Please Note: HGVs using the M6 and A74 (M) will be diverted via the A74(M) at Junction 17 to avoid Hoddom Bridge.
Our operatives follow strict physical distancing and hygiene protocols throughout the programme, in line with the current Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidance.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting www.trafficscotland.org or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland