Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland, are undertaking essential resurfacing on the A75 at Henderland from Monday 9th October until Thursday 12th October 2023, between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night.
This scheme will benefit around 9,200 vehicles using this route each day, by improving the condition of the carriageway and reducing the need for more extensive maintenance in the future.
The work will be carried out using three overnight road closures and signed diversions will be in place. We thank road users for their patience and co-operation while this essential work takes place. Work will be carried out using full closures of the A75 to ensure the safety of roadworkers and motorists whilst it is undertaken, and due to some deeper excavations required. There will also be daytime Temporary Traffic Lights in place to facilitate the cooling of deeper sections of treatment.
The signed diversions will operate as follows:
- Westbound traffic will leave the A75 at Garroch Roundabout and travel east to Cargenbridge. At Cargenbridge, traffic will be directed to turn right at the roundabout to join the A711 southbound to Dalbeattie. At Dalbeattie, traffic will turn right to join the B794 northbound and continue on to the A75.
- Eastbound traffic will join the B794 and continue to Dalbeattie. At Dalbeattie, traffic will turn left to join the A711 northbound to Cargenbridge, before turning left at the roundabout to re-join the A75 at Garroch Roundabout.
- Please note: there will be a Traffic Restriction Order in place to stop traffic joining School Brae Road (Old Military Road) from the B794.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained throughout these works.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting https://www.traffic.gov.scot/ or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland