The Met Office has issued Yellow Warnings for Wind and Rain across parts of the Dumfries and Galloway Region this weekend.
With persistent heavy rainfall expected to develop tomorrow night Friday the 10th of January from 8.00pm through the night to Saturday 11th January 2020. Then on Saturday Strong winds are expected to develop at around 3.00am throughout the day which may cause travel disruption.
What to expect
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible
- Some delays to road, rail, and air transport are likely
You can keep up to date with the Met Office weather warnings by clicking HERE