The Cree Valley Community Council are working to create a plan for the future of the area. The development of a Community Action Plan, funded by CARES, will show ambition and creativity for the area that reflects the wants and needs of local people.
Clifford Smithers, Chairperson of the Community Council says “By building on the existing success in the community, we want to make it an even greater place to live, work, play and visit”.
The Community Council are working with Community Enterprise to gather your views about what the priorities should be for the area.
Lynda Johnstone, Community Enterprise “What you tell us will help to plan the things which will make a direct difference to you, your family and neighbours in the Cree Valley area”.
We are mindful of keeping everyone safe during the COVID 19 pandemic but there are many ways you can get involved, just five minutes of your time will make a difference.
Fill out a survey to share your views by completing anonymously on line at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CreeValleyCAP or request a paper copy from Community Enterprise (see below for contacts).
Join in an online discussion to share your views. If you are interested, you will need to send your contact details to Community Enterprise or the Community Council.
Take part in a Creative Competition to win £50. It’s easy, there are two categories under 16s and adult and all abilities are encouraged to enter. All you need to do is submit a photo, poem, picture or story showing what you like or pleases you most about the Cree Valley are. The closing date has been extended to Monday 14th September 2020, so there is plenty time to get creative. Full terms and conditions are available from Community Enterprise or the Cree Valley Community Council.
The presentation of the research results and winners of the competition will be announced on 21st September 2020. Please look out for details in the coming weeks telling you how you can chose the future projects and activities for the Cree Valley.
Cree Valley Community Action Plan Creative Competition
Get Creative in Cree Valley…..
What do you love about the area?
Draw a picture, take a photo or design a front cover for the Cree Valley Community Action Plan and enter it into the competition for your chance to win a £50 Amazon Voucher before Monday 14th September 2020.
The competition is part of the Cree Valley Community Action Plan process. Any images or designs
submitted may be used in the final published plan, due to be printed in the autumn 2020, and additional promotion surrounding the plan, including press and social media.
The competition is open to people who live, work and visit Cree Valley and images/ designs must be of something special to the person entering the competition. This could be a place, a detail of a building, a view, a pathway, favourite thing to do in the park, person or group of people – anything!
What you need to know
- Under 16s and adult categories – individual and group submissions welcome. All ages and abilities.
- Individuals / groups may enter up to ten images.
- Entries can be made by email or by post
- Photos or images may have been taken or created at any point in time, as long as the person who took the photo made the design is the person making the entry.
- Submitted photos and designs may be used in the Cree Valley Community Action Plan and surrounding promotion.
- Closing date 5pm Monday 14th September 2020.
- Winners to be announced on Monday 21st September 2020
- Photographs will be judged by the Cree Valley Community Council.
- Scoring will be based on creativity as much as technical skill
How to enter
Entries will be accepted in digital or print format according to the stipulations below. Please submit your images with:
- A caption describing the entry, including the location
- Which category you are entering to – U16s or adult
- Your name / names if submitting as a group
- Whether you live and / or work in, or are a visitor to, Cree Valley
Digital images/designs should be emailed to email@example.com at the specifications below:
- Image files should be at least 1MB in size
- Images should be submitted without watermarks, borders or signatures
Physical prints can be dropped into:
The McMillan Hall, Dashwood Square, Newton Stewart DG8 6EQ
Or sent to:
Maria Sherrington, Community Enterprise, 14 Fleming House, 5 Fleming Road, Livingston, EH54 7BN
- Prints should be between 5” x 7” and 12” x 16”
- Images /designs should be submitted without watermarks, borders or signatures
- Each print/design should be clearly labelled on the back with your name, title and location of the entry as well as the entry category
- Please include a SAE if you wish the original copies to be returned to you
Find out more
If you have any queries about the competition, or require further information, please contact Lynda Johnstone, Community Enterprise, 01506 862227.
The Creative Competition is part of the Cree Valley Community-Led Action Plan, funded by CARES
The Community Action Plan is guided by a Cree Valley Community Council.