- First details revealed of a great celebration of countryside & family life
- Teaming up with Defender Jam – Meet, Eat and Love Land Rovers
- Everything from great food and drink to field sports to crafts
Early Bird tickets have just gone on sale for the award-winning Galloway Country Fair – which is teaming up with Defender Jam to offer an even more exciting weekend of fun.
It will be the 10th time the two-day event (on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 August) has been hosted at the picturesque Drumlanrig Castle in Dumfries and Galloway.
First details have now been unveiled of the activities visitors can enjoy during this delightful celebration of the countryside and family life.
Food and drink will be a central theme with the chance to enjoy:
- A food and drink marquee with a variety of stalls
- Cooking demonstrations with the Station House cookery school and the Auldgirth Inn.
- The return of the Buccleuch Bake Off.
There will also be a large craft marquee with local stalls, plus the fabulous Kids Fun Zone where many of the activities are totally free.
There will be lots of field sports – from angling to clay pigeon shooting – to watch and to try.
And the Fair simply wouldn’t be complete with dogs of all shapes and sizes. This year we have:
Lee Hartis and the Buccleuch Gun Dogs
- Gundog Scurry Competition
- Retriever and Spaniel Tests with Galloway Gundogs
- The Pet Show – where every man, woman, child and their dog gets involved.
The 2022 partnership with Defender Jam adds lots to entertain Land Rover fans of every age including a green laning track, show cars, stalls, parts, merchandise, and more.
Anna Fergusson, Drumlanrig Estate Manager, said: “It’s brilliant to be back after two years when we had to cancel due to COVID and to start telling people about this very special Galloway Country Fair – the 10th to take place at Drumlanrig.
“Teaming up with Defender Jam is a first for us and will add an exciting extra dimension to our celebration of countryside and family life.
“We really look forward to announcing lots of other new attractions in the coming weeks that will add even more to this wonderful showcase of the best of country pursuits, local craftsmanship, artisan food and drink as well as show-stopping entertainment.
“And if you book before the end of June you can even get a 10% Early Bird discount on your tickets.”
- Visit www.gallowaycountryfair.co.uk for further information and keep up to date with the latest news, or check out @GallowayCountryFair on Facebook and Instagram.
To make the most of the event visitors can incorporate it into a short break. Drumlanrig offers deluxe self-catering properties, or there is the option of camping and glamping with pitches available for a one, two or three-night stay. Water, portable toilets and showers are all available on-site and dogs are welcome.
Discover the self-catering accommodation at www.drumlanrigcastle.co.uk, book online at gallowaycountryfair.co.uk.
Early Bird (10% off) available until the end of June
|Full Price||Early Bird|
|Concession (over 60)||£10||£9|
|Child (Age 6 to 16)||£5||£4.50|
- Dates: Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st August 2022
- Times: Saturday – 10am-6pm, Sunday – 10am-5pm.
- Location: Showground at Drumlanrig Castle & Country Estate, Thornhill, Dumfries & Galloway, DG3 4AQ.
- Website: www.gallowaycountryfair.co.uk
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/gallowaycountryfair/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gallowaycountryfair/