Epic stunts, animals galore, fab food and fun at Galloway Country Fair, Thousands of visitors flocked to this weekend’s spectacular Galloway Country Fair – enjoying everything from stunt riders to sheep racing.
There was even a DJ set by Karen Dunbar from a mobile disco built into a Land Rover.
The attractions included:
- Riders of the Storm – daredevil equine acrobatics
- Flyin’ Ryan – amazing motorbike stunts
- The Lamb National – sheep racing, with the chance for you to take part
- The ever-popular dog show, where people parade dogs of every possible shape and size
- The Kids’ Zone with loads of free stuff for children, including face painting
- Food and drink of every kind
- Gundog scurries – open to every kind of dog that wants to have a go.
- Retriever and spaniel tests, putting highly trained working dogs through their paces.
Taking place at Drumlanrig Castle and Country Estate, Dumfries and Galloway, on 12 & 13 August, it once again hosted Defender Jam, a giant jamboree of all things Land Rover.
Anna Fergusson, Drumlanrig Estate Director, said: “It was a really fun weekend, with huge amounts to do and see. And some of the main arena events – like the motorbike stunts and horseback acrobatics – were truly breath-taking.
“It was great seeing so many families – often with their dogs – enjoying a great day out at Drumlanrig Castle and Country Estate.
“The fair is always a chance to relax and enjoy all the best about country life, as well as tucking into superb food and looking round all the arts and crafts.”
Galloway Country Fair sponsors include SP Energy Networks, Foresight, Community Wind Power Ltd, and Lloyd Ltd.
Visitors can save 10% off gate prices by booking online before Saturday 12th August.
Visit www.gallowaycountryfair.co.uk for further information and keep up to date with the latest news, or check out @GallowayCountryFair on Facebook and Instagram.