Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South-West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential maintenance on the A76 at Blackwood, south of Thornhill from Monday 13th February to Friday 24th February 2023, between the hours of 7pm and 6am, each night.
This scheme will benefit around 5,500 vehicles using this route each day, by improving the condition of the carriageway and reducing the need for more extensive maintenance in the future.
The work will be carried out using overnight road closures and a signed diversion will be in operation. We thank road users for their patience and co-operation while this essential work takes place.
The diversion will operate as follows:
- Northbound traffic will exit the A76 at Newbridge onto the B729 and will continue for 11.5 miles before turning right onto the A702 Clone Road. Traffic will continue on the A702 for 6 miles before re-joining the A76 at Thornhill.
- Southbound traffic will follow the same route in reverse order.
Please note, temporary traffic lights will be in place at the single-track Nith Bridge.
Please click HERE for the diversion map.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained throughout these works.
Traffic management will be removed by 6am on Saturday 25th February 2023.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting https://www.traffic.gov.scot/ or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland