The Met Office UK have issued a Yellow Warning that heavy showers and thunderstorms are likely to develop during Thursday 11th of July 2019 in the afternoon across parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland and northern England.
Whilst many areas will miss the heaviest rain, where heavy showers and thunderstorms do develop they will be slow-moving bringing the potential for 20-30 mm of rain in an hour and 40-50 mm in 2-3 hours. Showers and thunderstorms will gradually die out during Thursday evening.
Between 12:00 (UTC+1) on Thu 11 Jul 2019 and 21:00 (UTC+1) on Thu 11 Jul 2019
What to expect
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater and lightning strikes
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
The Full Met office report can be read HERE