10 years on and walking through the gates into the Garden of Eden hasn’t lost it’s sparkle.Eden Festival is renowned as Scotland’s most eclectic festival and this year celebrated its 10 year anniversary in style right in the heart of Dumfries and Galloway with highlights from the last decade along with new additions to the Garden.
Family friendly fun and a vibrant festival atmosphere are served up year after year and this year was no exception. Team DGWGO have rounded up our top 10 festival highlights to mark the Eden Festivals 10th BIrthday.
- The main stage. Mr Motivator was the start of it all, his 90s Classic leotard and dance moves never fail to get you into the Festival spirit. Headliners Groove Armada definitely didn’t disappoint, keeping the party going on Saturday night! Local favourites the DangleBerries may have been rained off after two songs but they definitely made up for it in energy for the rest of their set.
- The Melodrome – Compared by the Wizard and Lady Marra we witnessed ventriloquism, comedy, open mic karaoke, cabaret, drag shows and a few numbers in between. Enjoyed with a glass of Prosecco from the Love Fizz Van ad we were all set for the afternoon!
- The drive in movies – We picked ourselves a comfortable looking vintage vehicle and enjoyed a Friday night movie in style.
- The kids arena – There really was something for every age group at the kids arena this year. We enjoyed watching the wee ones fly by on the slip and slide, learn circus skills, take part in some crafts and listening to stories.
- The paint fight at the main stage – Another Eden festival classic that just doesn’t get old. We enjoyed watching the colours fly (from a VERY safe distance!)
- The Thunderdome ran by Sweet Aerobics – There was yoga, space hoppers, hoola hoops and jackets made from bubble wrap. The Thunderdome was a great arena for kids and big kids to go and enjoy some festival silliness.
- Stone Carving – Eden Festival wouldn’t be Eden Festival if you didn’t pick up a few new skills. This year we tried our hand at stone carving, we weren’t very good but it’s all about the taking part, right?
- The Lost Disco – Light up dance floors, fire breathing spiders and even more disco balls. An Eden Festival classic that has to be seen to be believed.
- Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5 – Glitter balls, unicorns and dance routines. Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5 are true masters of festival fun!
- Bombskare on The Great Mountain stage – You know you are onto a good thing when the entire crowd starts jumping from the first bar of the first song.
Get your tickets for the 2019 Eden Festival by Clicking HERE